Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jackie Robinson-Champion through Adversity

I'm not sure my recent addition will bring any more traffic to the site, but it matters not. The very image of Jackie Robinson has inspired me to carry on with my fight to get Hardball published. I just hope I have half the balls Jackie had.

Whatever adversity I have gone through, it doesn't compare to that what Jackie went through. Similarly, we had no one to help us in our battle except a loyal, loving wife and family. Otherwise, or so it seemed, the rest of the entire world was against us. Jackie's struggle was a lot tougher than mine. He faced direct ridicule, hatred and unfair treatment as he broke the color barrier in baseball. Yet he continued his brave fight for respect and let nothing stop him.

In my pursuit, I've just been submitting a compelling story and get nothing but form rejections or merely ignored. I'm starting to doubt my self-assessment of how great this story is. Among the things that keeps my fire burring is the story of Jackie Robinson and his never-ending belief of himself and what he did with his life.

I believe that what I have written will dramatically change the way people will think about their fellow humans, our society and the sovereignty over us. Besides, it has great sex and violence and will thoroughly entertain you. The strong baseball underlying theme is a great tribute to the game and Jackie Robinson. A tip-o-the Dodger hat to Jackie Robinson. The world will be thanking you for your sacrifice for eternity. check out the prior and future posts on this site for a taste of Hardball and let me know if you're interested.

1 comment:

thetruth said...

You have given us all the inspiration we need to thrive in an otherwise oppressive, confusing environment. Your words give us reason to live and enjoy life. Keep writing.